For All Members
“New-Member Letters” Study
February 9 – April 27, 2023
7:00 to 8:00 pm
Join Us! It’s Fun, It’s Fascinating!
Our New Member Letters Study provides an introduction to the tenets and history of Theosophy for new members but also allows for discussion, review, and connection for all members. (Members from any lodge are welcome because — Zoom!)
Join us via Zoom. The Zoom link is located on the Calendar of Events Tab here on this website, under each date (magical secret: the link is the same, though different from our general meeting zoom link.)
We will review and discuss two letters a week, convening for an hour. We will move on to the supplemental study material listed below after we complete the 12 letters. Attend all, most or some weeks, as interest draws you and time allows!
The Schedule of Topics are as follows:
- February 9 — Letters 1, 2: Introduction to the Wisdom Tradition / The Unity of All Existence
- February 16 — Letters 3, 4: An Orderly Universe / Synchronicity and Correspondence
- February 23 — Letters 5, 6: Karma / Dharma: One’s Innermost Nature
- March 2 — Letters 7, 8: Meditation / The Path
- March 9 — Letters 9, 10: The Personality Vs. Individuality (Monad + Higher Consciousness) / Principles in The Secret Doctrine
- March 16 — Letters 11, 12: The Theosophical Life / History and Structure of the Theo. Society
- March 23 — Supplemental Study Letter 1, 2: THE UNITY OF ALL EXISTENCE / THE LAW OF PERIODICITY
- March 30 — Letters 3, 4: THE TRANSCENDENT SOURCE / DEATH AND REBIRTH
- April 6 — Letters 5, 6: THE PURPOSE OF REINCARNATION / OBJECTIONS TO REINCARNATION
- April 13 — Letters 7, 8: THE LAW OF KARMA / DISTRIBUTIVE KARMA
- April 20 — Letters 9, 10: THE HUMAN CONSTITUTION / THE POWER OF THOUGHT
- April 27 — Study Letters 11, 12: THE MASTERS OF WISDOM / THE DIVINE PLAN
Anyone new who needs the letters, at each meeting we will provide the PDF in Chat for download. Otherwise, you may request the 12 Study Letters and the 12 Supplemental Study Letters any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Our Fall Study Group
Facing the Future — Moving in the Light
Lucid dreaming, meditation and expanding our own views of living and moving through all transitions prepares us to move through death as simply another gateway. As an unchangeable, eternal being we have faced “this” all before (life and death, rebirth in endless cycles) and only the physical body is the temporary vehicle. With the evolution of consciousness from life to life, continuity of consciousness becomes possible. This is the mystery and the miracle and the unexplained nature of the soul.
Three Part Series:
In this three part series we explore these themes more deeply through teaching, discussion and beautiful images. We touch on ritual, sacred practices and how to be a steward of conscious dying while affirming beauty, comfort, love and life.
First Evening, October 6:
Speaker Von Braschler
Second Evening, October 13:
Speaker Roberta Gilsdorf
Third Evening, October 20:
Speaker Susan Shopek